WBTET UP Exam Pattern
Language I (Hindi/ Bengali/ Santali/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Telugu/ Oriya)
2 hours 30 minutes
Child Development and
Language II ( English)
Mathematics and science or
Note: There is no negative marking for West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (UP WBTET) 2021
WBTET UP Syllabus 2021
In order to prepare well for the West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET) 2021, it is essential to know the WBTET Syllabus 2021 in detail. Below you will find the subject-wise WBTET Syllabus 2021 for your ready reference.
Child Development and Pedagogy
- Meaning, need and area of child development, stages of child development; physical, mental, emotional, and language development, development of expression and creativity.
- Child development and factors affecting them.
- The meaning and principles of learning: Factors affecting the meaning of learning, effective methods of learning, and rules of learning.
- Principles of learning and their practical usefulness in education, Thorndike’s theory of error, Kohler’s theory of insight, Vygotsky’s theory of learning curve, Pathan’s meaning in learning and reason.
- Teaching and teaching methods: The purpose of teaching, communication, principles, formulas, techniques, new methods of teaching, and microteaching.
- Focus on children at the primary level.
- Concept, principles, and stages of child development.
- Physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and moral development in childhood and their characteristics.
- Heredity and environment influence in understanding the child.
- Unseen Prose Passage
- Development of Language Skills, Teaching Learning Materials
- Principles of Teaching English
- Teaching Learning Materials
- Framing Questions Including Wh-questions
- Comprehensive & Continuous Evaluation
- Unseen Poem
- Unseen Prose Passage
- Modal Auxiliaries, Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, and Literary Terms
- Basic knowledge of English Sounds and their Phonetic Transcription
- Methods of Evaluation, Remedial Teaching
- Principles of Teaching English, Challenges of Teaching English and Communicative Approach to English Language Teaching.
- Numbers and addition, subtraction, multiplication & division.
- Minimum & Maximum.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication & division of factors.
- Decimal- addition, subtraction, multiplication & division.
- Unitary rule.
- Profit & Loss.
- Simple Interest.
- Geometry and different shapes.
- Volume – cube, sphere & Area of various shapes.
- Animal Reproduction and Adolescence
- Force and Motion
- Chemical Substances
- Human Body and Health
- Light and Sound
- Methods of Science Teaching
- Nature and Structure of Sciences
- Natural Science
- Living Being
- Remedial Teaching
- Solar System
- Science and Technology
- Text Materials/Aids
- Structure of Matter
- Understanding the Science
- Geography and Resources of West Bengal
- Geography and Resources of India
- Government: Composite and Functions
- Resources and Development
- Indian Civilization, Culture, and Society
- History and Culture of West Bengal
- Indian Constitution and Democracy
- Main Components of the Earth
- The Medieval and Modern Period
WBTET CutOff 2021
The West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE), will release the WB TET Cut Off 2021 post the examination.
- Paper 1= Class 1 to IV = Primary TET = http://www.wbbpe.org/
- Paper 2= Class V to XII = Uper Primary UPTET = http://www.westbengalssc.com/
WB TET Minimum Qualifying Marks 2021
|Paper Type||Qualifying Marks|
|Paper I||Reserved – 55%General – 60%|
|Paper-II||SC/OBC/ST and Others – 55%General – 60%|
|Paper I & Paper II||Reserved Category – 55%Unreserved – 60%|
WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Upper Primary Level Minimum Qualification
The candidate must have completed BSc/BA or equivalent education
candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks in the BEd/Secondary education exam
candidate must be qualified for the final four years in Bachelor in Elementary Education
Candidate must be appearing in final two years BA/ BSc Diploma in Education and clear the exam with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Age Relaxation: Candidates who fall under Exempted Category, ST, OBC-B, SC, PH, DH (Death-in-harness), ex-servicemen, and OBC-A will have a relaxation of 5% marks in Higher Secondary or its equivalent.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET) 2021. However, all candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
Check detailed WB TET Eligibility Criteria
WBTET UP Exam Dates 2022
Check the important dates of the WB TET 2021 exam. The UP WBTET Exam Dates 2022 will be updated here as available on the official website.
|Release of WB TET 2022 Recruitment Notification||To be notified|
|Online Registration Start Date||To be notified|
|Online Registration Last Date||To be notified|
|Release of WB TET 2022 Admit Card||To be notified|
|Exam Date of WB TET 2022||To be notified|
|Paper-I Result Date||To be notified|
|Paper-II Result Date||To be notified|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
WBTET 2022 Reference Books
Applicants should carefully select the study material to prepare for UP WBTET 2022. The reference books used to prepare for UP WBTET 2022 are mentioned in the table below:
|Book Title||Author/ Publisher|
|WBBSE e-TextBook||WBBSE Education Board|
|West Bengal Teachers’ Eligibility Test for Class VI-VII (Science & Maths)||Sumana Chakraborti/ Diamond Power Learning Publisher|
|WBTET UP School Teacher Examination||Arihant Publisher|
|WBTET UP PDF Book||Download|
Contact Details for WBTET 2022
Official Website: www.wbbpe.org
Address of West Bengal Board of Primary Education: DDK 7/1, Sector-II, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
Phone Number: +91 33-2334-8983