Free PDF Download of CBSE The d and f Block Elements MCQs With Answers. Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 Chapter Wise with Answers PDF Download was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 12 Chemistry The d-and f-Block Elements MCQs Pdf with Answers to know their preparation level.
The d-block elements are the 40 elements contained in the four rows of ten columns. The elements of the fourth d-block row are synthetic and radioactive. The lanthanides and actinides which are placed below the periodic table are known as f block elements. The f block elements are also referred to as the inner transition elements.
The d and f Block Elements MCQs With Answers PDF Free Download – 10 MCQ
1. Transistion metals, despite high E° oxidation, are poor reducing agents. The incorrect reason is
(a) high heat of vaporization.
(b) high ionization energies.
(c) low heats of hydration.
(d) complex forming nature.
2. Which of the following has magnetic moment value of 5.9?
3. Anomalous electronic configuration in the 3d series are of
(a) Cr and Fe
(b) Cu and Zn
(c) Fe and Cu
(d) Cr and Cu
4. Which of the following are d-block elements but not regarded as transistion elements?
(a) Cu, Ag, Au
(b) Zn, Cd, Hg
(c) Fe, Co, Ni
(d) Ru, Rh, Pd
Answer: An element which (or instable oxidation) has partially filled (n‐1) d orbital is known as transition elements. Group 12 elements i.e. Zn, Cd, Hg have completely filled (n‐1) d‐orbital in atomic & stable 2+ ionic state & thus these elements are not considered as Transition Elements. These elements have the general electronic configuration (n-1)d10ns2 do not show most of the properties of transition elements.
The d-orbitals in these elements are completely filled in the ground state as well as in their common oxidation states. Therefore, they are not regarded as transition elements. Thus, on the basis of properties, all transition elements are d-block elements but on the basis of electrons configuration, all d-block elements are not transition elements.
5. CuSO4. 5H2O is blue is colour because
(a) It contains water of crystallization.
(b) SO42- ions absorb red light.
(c) Cu2+ ions absorb orange red light.
(d) Cu2+ ions absorb all colours except red from the white light.
6. Transistion elements form alloys easily because they have
(a) Same atomic number
(b) Same electronic configuration
(c) Nearly same atomic size
(d) None of the above
7. Which one of the following characteristics of the transistion metals is associated with higher catalytic activity?
(a) High enthalpy of atomisation
(b) Paramagnetic behaviour
(c) Colour of hydrate ions
(d) Variable oxidation states
8. Which of the following has the maximum number of unpaired electrons?
9. The property which is not characteristic of transistion metals is
(a) variable oxidation states.
(b) tendency to form complexes.
(c) formation of coloured compounds.
(d) natural radioactivity.
10. Which of the following is incorrect for KMnO4 to be used as an oxidising agent?
(a) HCl cannot be used because some KMnO4 is consumed in the reaction.
(b) Nitric acid is not used for the above purpose because it itself acts as a self oxidising agent and will react with the reducing agent.
(c) The equivalent weight of KMnO4 in basic medium is 158.
(d) The number of electrons involved in oxidation of KMnO4 in acidic medium is 3.
We hope the given Very Impotent MCQ Questions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 8 The d-and f-Block Elements with Answers Pdf free download will help you.
The d and f Block Elements MCQs With Answers PDF Free Download – 15 MCQ
1. The number of unpaired electrons in gaseous species of Mn3+, Cr3+ and V3+ respectively are:
- 4, 4 and 2
- 3, 3 and 2
- 4, 3 and 2
- 3, 3 and 3
2. Gun metal is an alloy of:
- Cu and Al
- Cu and Sn
- Cu, Zn and Sn
- Cu, Zn and Ni
3. Which one of the following elements shows the maximum number of different oxidation states in its compounds?
4. When potassium ferrocyanide crystals are heated with concentrated sulphuric acid, the gas evolved is
- sulphur dioxide
- carbon monoxide
- carbon dioxide
5. Zinc and mercury do not show variable valency like d-block elements because
- they are soft
- their d-shells are complete
- they have only two electrons in the outermost subshell.
- their d-shells are incomplete
6. Which of the following products are obtained when Na2CO3 is added to a solution of copper sulphate?
- Basic copper carbonate , sodium sulphate and CO2
- Copper hydroxide, sodium sulphate and CO2
- Copper carbonate, sodium sulphate and CO2
- Copper carbonate and sodium sulphate
7. The pair that has similar atomic radii is
- Mn and Re
- Ti and Hf
- Sc and Ni
- Mo and W
8. Silver nitrate produces a black stain on the skin due to
- being a strong reducing agent
- its corrosive action
- formation of complex compound
- its reduction to metallic silver
9. According to IUPAC nomenclature sodium nitroprusside dihydrate is named as
- Sodium pentacyanonitrosylferrate (III)
- Sodium nitroferrocyanide
- Sodium nitroferricyanide
- Sodium pentacyanonitrosylferrate (II)
10. In Fe(CO)5, the Fe-C bond possesses:
- ionic character
- sigma character only
- pi character
- both sigma and pi characters
The d and f Block Elements MCQs With Answers PDF Free Download – 25 MCQ
1. Oxidation number of gold metal is
(d) all of these
2. Shape of d-orbital is
(b) dumb bell
(c) double dumb bell
(d) none of these
3. Electronic configuration of alkaline earth element is
4. Lanthanoid contraction is due to increase in
(a) atomic number
(b) effective nuclear charge
(c) atomic radius
(d) valence electrons
5. Which one of the following is called green vitriol?
(a) FeSO4 7H2O
(b) CuSO4 5H2O
(c) CaSO4 2H2O
(d) None of these
6. Which block of elements are known as transition elements?
7. Most abundant element in earth’s crust is
8. Which one of the following is diamagnetic ion?
9. Which of the following is not an element of first transition series?
10. The correct order of EM2+/M0 values with negative sign for the four successive elements Cr, Mn, Fe and Co is
(a) Fe > Mn > Cr > Co
(b) Cr > Mn > Fe > Co
(c) Mn > Cr > Fe > Co
(d) Cr > Fe > Mn > Co
11. The number of unpaired electrons in gaseous species of Mn3+, Cl3+ and V3+ respectively are and the most stable species is
(a) 4, 3 and 2; V3+
(b) 3, 3 and 2; Cr3+
(c) 4, 3 and 2; Cr3+
(d) 3, 3 and 3; Mn3+
12. Fe3+ ion is more stable than Fe2+ ion because
(a) more the charge on the atom, more is its stability
(b) configuration of Fe2+ is 3d5 while Fe3+ is 3d5
(c) Fe2+ has a larger size than Fe3+
(d) Fe3+ ions are coloured hence more stable
13. Colour of transition metal ions are due to absorption of some wavelength. This results in
(a) d-s transition
(b) s-s transition
(d) d-d transition
14. Which group contains coloured ions out of the following?
1. Cu–. 2. Ti4- 3. Co2+ 4. Fe2-
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4
(b) 3, 4
(c) 2, 3
(4) 1, 2
15. The melting points of Cu, Ag and Au follow the order
(a) Cu > Ag > Au
(b) Cu >Au > Ag
(c) Au > Ag > Cu
(d) Ag > Au > Cu
16. In which of the following pairs of ions, the lower oxidation state in aqueous solution is more stable than the other?
(a) Ti+, Ti3+
(c) Cr2+, Cr3+
(d) V2+, VO2+ (V4)
17. Which of the following pairs of ions have the same electronic configuration?
(a) Cu2+, Cr2+
(b) Fe3+, Mn2+
(c) Co3+, Ni3+
(d) Sc3+, Cr3+
18. The melting point of copper is higher than that of zinc because
(a) copper has a bcc structure
(b) the atomic volume of copper is higher
(c) the electrons of copper are involved in metallic bonding
(d) the s as well as d electrons of copper are involved in metallic bonding
19. Zr and Hf have almost equal atomic and ionic radii because of
(a) diagonal relationship
(b) lartthanoid contraction
(c) actinoid contraction
(d) belonging to the same group
20. Which of the following is not an amphoteric ion?
21. What happens when potassium iodide reacts with acidic solution of potassium dichromate?
(a) It liberates iodine
(b) Potassium sulphate is formed
(c) Chromium sulphate is formed
(d) All the above products are formed
22. The number of moles of KMnO4 that are needed to react completely with one mole of ferrous oxalate in acidic solution is
23. Acidified potassium dichromate reacts with potassium iodide and oxidises it to I2. What is the oxidation state of chromium in the products of the reaction?
24. One mole of acidfied K2Cr3+O on reaction with excess KI will liberate ………….. mole(s) of I2.
25. In the diehromateanion (Cr2O2−7)
(a) all Cr – O bonds are equivalent
(b) 6 Cr – O bonds are equivalent
(c) 3 Cr – O bonds are equivalent
(d) no bonds in Cr2O2−7 are equivalent
We hope the given Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 8 The d-and f-Block Elements will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 12 Chemistry The d-and f-Block Elements MCQs Pdf, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD MCQ on D & F BLOCK ELEMENTS with Answer Key Download PDF:
d-block elements multiple choice questions pdf
d and f block elements important questions and answers pdf
download neet question for d-block elements in pdf file
d and f block elements question bank pdf
d and f block elements mcq pdf for mht cet
mcq on lanthanides and actinides
d and f block elements neet questions pdf
d and f block elements jee questions
d and f block elements mcq pdf download