1. The rows in Periodic Table are called __________.
Answer b) Periods
2. Which one of the following elements is very rare?
Answer c) Francium. Earth’s crust contains less than 1 ounce of francium at any time. Francium can be made artificially if thorium is bombarded with protons.
3. Periodic Table was formulated by _________.
a) Henry Moseley
b) Antoine Lavoisier
c) John Newlands
d) Dmitri Mendeleev
Answer d) Dmitri Mendeleev. He was a Russian chemist and inventor.
4. Which element in the Periodic Table has the highest atomic number and highest atomic mass of all known elements?
Answer a) Oganesson. It is a synthetic chemical element with the symbol Og and atomic number 118. It was first synthesized in 2002.
5. Which of the following statements are TRUE?
a) The first 94 elements in Periodic Table occur naturally
b) Elements 95 to 118 have only been synthesized in laboratories or nuclear reactors.
c) Alkali Metals occupy the left-most column of the Periodic Table.
d) All are True
Answer d) All are True
6. ________ was the first man-made or artificially produced element.
Answer c) Technetium. It was isolated by Carlo Perrier and Emilio Segrè in 1937. Its symbol is Tc and its atomic number is 43.
7. Who proposed Law of Triads?
b) John Newlands
c) Lothan Grenger
d) Michal Philip Gardener
Answer a) Dobereiner. In the history of the periodic table, Dobereiner’s triads were an early attempt to sort the elements into some logical order by their physical properties. He was the first to consider the idea of trends among properties of elements.
8. Reactive metals with low ionization enthalpies belong to _____________.
a) s-Block Elements
b) p-Block Elements
c) d-Block Elements
d) f-Block ELements
Answer a) s-Block Elements.
9. Which of the following statements are TRUE about d-Block Elements?
a) These are the elements of Group 3 to 12 in the centre of the Periodic Table
b) They are all metals.
c) They are also known as “Transition Elements”.
d) All are TRUE.
Answer d) All are TRUE
10. In the modern periodic table, the period indicates the value of __________.
a) Atomic number
b) Atomic mass
c) Principal quantum number
d) Azimuthal quantum number
Answer c) Principal quantum number