Here in this post we share Computer Applications Class 9 Syllabus 2022 PDF Download.
Computer Applications Class 9 Term-I Syllabus 2022
The syllabus consists of two units: (i) Cyber safety, (ii) Office Tools – I.
Unit 2: Cyber-safety
Safely browsing the web and using social networks: identity protection, proper usage of passwords, privacy, confidentiality of information, cyber stalking, reporting cybercrimes
Safely accessing websites: viruses and malware, adware
Unit 3: Office Tools – I
Introduction to a word processor: create and save a document.
Edit and format text: text style (B, I, U), font type, font size, text colour, alignment of text. Format paragraphs with line and/or paragraph spacing. Add headers and footers, numbering pages, grammar and spell check utilities, subscript and superscript, insert symbols, use print preview, and print a document.
Insert pictures, change the page setting, add bullets and numbering, borders and shading, and insert tables – insert/delete rows and columns, merge and split cells.
Use auto-format, track changes, review comments, use of drawing tools, shapes and mathematical symbols.
Presentation tool: understand the concept of slide shows, basic elements of a slide, different types of slide layouts, create and save a presentation, and learn about the different views of a slide set – normal view, slide sorter view and hand-outs.
Computer Applications Class 9 Term-II Syllabus 2022
The syllabus consists of two units: (i) Basics of Information Technology, (ii) Office Tools – II.
|1.||Basics of Information Technology||20|
|2.||Office Tools – II||5|
Unit 1: Basics of Information Technology
Computer Systems: characteristics of a computer, components of a computer system – CPU, memory, storage devices and I/O devices
Memory: primary (RAM and ROM) and secondary memory
Storage devices: hard disk, CD ROM, DVD, pen/flash drive, memory stick
I/O devices: keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer, scanner, web camera
Types of software: system software (operating system, device drivers), application software including mobile applications
Computer networking: Type of networks: PAN, LAN, MAN, WAN, wired/wireless communication, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cloud computers (private/public)
Multimedia: images, audio, video, animation
Unit 3: Office Tools – II
- Edit and format a slide: add titles, subtitles, text, background, and watermark, headers and footers, and slide numbers.
- Insert pictures from files, create animations, add sound effects, and rehearse timings.
- Spreadsheets: concept of a worksheet and a workbook, create and save a worksheet.
- Working with a spreadsheet: enter numbers, text, date/time, series using auto fill; edit and format a worksheet including changing the colour, size, font, alignment of text; insert and delete cells, rows and columns. Enter a formula using the operators (+,-,*, /), refer to cells, and print a worksheet.
- Use simple statistical functions: SUM (), AVERAGE (), MAX (), MIN (), IF () (without compound statements); embed charts of various types: line, pie, scatter, bar and area in a worksheet.