Chemistry in Everyday Life MCQ with Answers 1. Free PDF Download of CBSE Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 16 Chemistry in Everyday Life. Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 Chapter Wise with Answers PDF Download was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Chemistry in Everyday Life MCQs Pdf with Answers to know their preparation level.
Chemistry in Everyday Life MCQ With Answers Pdf
Question 1. Which of the following is used as tranquilizer?
2. Which one of the following is antihistamine?
(b) Diphenyl hydramine
3. Artificial sweetener which is stable only under cold conditions only is
Question 4. Bithional added to soap acts as
(a) buffering agent
5. .Which of the following is analgesic?
6. Mixture of chloroxylenol and terpineol acts as
Question 7. Which of the following is used as antacid?
8. Drugs that bind to receptor site and inhibit its natural function are called
(d) molecular targets
9. The drug Tagamet is
10. Which of the following cationic detergent?
(a) Sodium lauryl sulphate.
(b) Cetyl trimethyl ammonium bromide.
(c) Sodium dodecyl benzene sulphonate.
(d) Glyceryl oleate.
Explaination: (d) Equanil.
Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 16 Chemistry in Everyday Life
11. The artificial sweetener which contains chlorine that has the appearance and taste as that of sugar and is stable and cooking temperature:
12. Narcotic analgesic is
13. Bactericidal antibiotic among the following is
14. Butylated Hydroxy Toluene (BHT) as a food additive acts as
(b) flavouring agent
(c) colouring agent
15. Sodium benzoate is used as
(a) food preservative
(b) artificial sweetener
16. Which of the following is not an antacid?
17. Allergy is caused by the production of in the body
18. Which of the following can possibly be used as analgesic without causing addiction and modification?
(c) N-acety 1-para-aminophenol
Chemistry MCQ with Answers Class 12 Question 19. Aspiring is an acetylation product of ______
(b) o-Hydroxybenzoic acid
(c) o-Dihydroxy benzene
(d) m-Hydroxy benzoic acid
20. Drug which is used to reduce anxiety and brings calmness is known as
Chemistry in Everyday Life MCQs for NEET & JEE Main with Answers
21. Which element is not present in Saccharin, an artificial sweetner?
22. Heroin is
23. Detergents are better than soaps because
(a) They are less affected by hard water
(b) They can be used in acidic solution
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) They wash clothes better
24. Which one is a broad spectrum drug?
25. A drug that is antiseptic as well as analgesic is
(a) Para acetamidophenol
(b) Chloropromazine hydrochloride
26. A narrow spectrum antibiotic is active against __________ .[NCERT Exemplar]
(a) gram positive or gram negative bacteria.
(b) gram negative bacteria only.
(c) single organism or one disease.
(d) both gram positive and gram negative bacteria.
27. Which of the following enhances leathering property of soap? [NCERT Exemplar]
(a) Sodium carbonate
(b) Sodium rosinate
(c) Sodium stearate
(d) Trisodium phosphate
28. Glycerol is added to soap. It functions __________ . [NCERT Exemplar]
(a) as a filler.
(b) to increase leathering.
(c) to prevent rapid drying.
(d) to make soap granules
29. Which of the following is not a target molecule for drug function in body? [NCERT Exemplar]
30. Which of the following statements are incorrect about receptor proteins? [NCERT Exemplar]
(а) Majority of receptor proteins are embedded in the cell membranes.
(b) The active site of receptor proteins opens on the inside region of the cell.
(c) Chemical messengers are received at the binding sites of receptor proteins.
(d) Shape of receptor doesn’t change during attachment of messenger.
31. Which of the following statements are correct about barbiturates? [NCERT Exemplar]
(a) Hypnotics or sleep producing agents.
(b) These are tranquilizers.
(c) Non-narcotic analgesics.
(d) Pain reducing without disturbing the nervous system.
32. Compounds with antiseptic properties are __________ . [NCERT Exemplar]
(c) Boric acid
(d) 0.3 ppm aqueous solution of Cl2
33. Which of the following statements are [NCERT Exemplar]
(a) An antibacterial fungus.
(b) Ampicillin is its synthetic modification.
(c) It has bacteriostatic effect. soap bubbles .
(d) It is a broad spectrum antibiotic.