Here we have provided the official CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science. You can download CBSE Class 8 Social Science syllabus for 2021-2022 in pdf format from the downloadable link provided below. Refer to it every time while studying. It will also help in tracking the record of how many chapters have been finished.
Download CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science 2021-2022 PDF
Students can download the complete CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science from the link provided below.
Students of CBSE Class 8 should go through the updated CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science shown in the table below.
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus: Class 8 History Syllabus
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 History is as under. The names of the chapters are listed here.
- Chapter 1: How, When and Where
- Chapter 2: From Trade to Territory: The Company Establishes Power
- Chapter 3: Ruling the Countryside
- Chapter 4: Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age
- Chapter 5: When People Rebel
- Chapter 6: Colonialism and the City
- Chapter 7: Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners
- Chapter 8: Civilising the “Native”, Educating the Nation
- Chapter 9: Women, Caste and Reform
- Chapter 10: The Changing World of Visual Arts
- Chapter 11: The Making of the National Movement: 1870s – 1947
- Chapter 12: India after Independence
CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science: Class 8 Geography Syllabus
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Geography is as under:
- Chapter 1: Resources
- Chapter 2: Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources
- Chapter 3: Mineral and Power Resources
- Chapter 4: Agriculture
- Chapter 5: Industries
- Chapter 6: Human Resources
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus: Civics
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Civics is as under:
Unit One: The Indian Constitution and Secularism
- Chapter 1: The Indian Constitution
- Chapter 2: Understanding Secularism
Unit Two: Parliament and the Making of Laws
- Chapter 3: Why do we need a Parliament?
- Chapter 4: Understanding Laws
Unit Three: The Judiciary
- Chapter 5: Judiciary
- Chapter 6: Understanding Our Criminal Justice System
Unit Four: Social Justice and the Marginalised
- Chapter 7: Understanding Marginalisation
- Chapter 8: Confronting Marginalisation
Unit Five: Economic Presence of the Government
- Chapter 9: Public Facilities
- Chapter 10: Law and Social Justice
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science helps you. If you have any questions regarding CBSE Class 8 Social Science syllabus, feel free to drop a comment below and we will respond at the earliest.