Here in this post, we share the Latest Bihar Board BSEB Class 12 Biology Syllabus PDF Download Now for the academic year of 2021-22.
BSEB Class 12 Biology Marks Distribution
Have a look at the table below to know the weightage of each unit of Biology Subject. It covers the entire syllabus that is mentioned in the Bihar Board Class 12 Books. The Biology theory paper is of total 70 marks, Exam Time 3 hours 15 minutes of time duration.
|Unit||इकाई का नाम||Weightage|
|Unit 1: Sexual Reproduction||इकाई 1: लैंगिक जनन||06|
|Unit 2: Genetics and evolution||इकाई 2: आनुवंशिकी तथा विकास||18|
|Unit 3: Biology & human welfare||इकाई 3: जीव विज्ञान एवं मानव कल्याण||18|
|Unit 4: Biotechnology and its applications||इकाई 4: जैव प्रद्योगिकी एवं इसका उपयोग||18|
|Unit 5: Ecology and environment||इकाई 5: परिस्थितिकी तथा पर्यावरण||10|
Bihar Board Class 12 Biology Syllabus
An in-depth understanding of all the topics that are included in the syllabus forms a vital part of the preparations for final Class 12 (2nd Year Intermediate) Bihar State Board exams.
Unit 1: Sexual Reproduction
- Pollination and fertilization in flowering plants.
- Development of seed and fruit
- Human Reproduction: Reproductive system in male and females, menstrual cycle, production of gametes. Fertilization, implantation, embryo development, pregnancy and parturition.
- Reproductive health-birth control, contraception and sexually transmitted diseases.
Unit 2: Genetics and evolution
- Mendelian Inheritance
- Chromosome theory of inheritance, Deviations from Mendelism ratio (Incomplete dominance, Codominance, Multiple alleles).
- Sex determination in human beings: XX, XY
- Linkage and crossing over
- Inheritance pattern of haemophilia and blood groups in human beings.
- DNA, replication, transcription, translation
- Gene expression and regulation
- Genome and Human Genome Project
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Evolution: Theories and evidences
Unit 3: Biology & human welfare
- Animal Husbandry
- Basic concepts of immunology, vaccines
- Pathogens, parasites
- Plant bleeding, tissue culture, food production
- Microbes in household food processing, industrial production, Sewage treatment and energy generation
- Cancer and AIDS
- Adolescence and drug alcohol abuse
Unit 4: Biotechnology and its applications
- Recombinant DNA technology
- Applications in Health, Agriculture and Industry
- Genetically modified (GM) organisms, Biosafety issues
- Insulin and Bt.cotton
Unit 5: Ecology and environment
- Organisms and Populations
- Biodiversity and its Conservation
- Environmental Issues
|Bihar Board Class 12 Syllabus|
|Bihar Board Class 12 Maths Syllabus|
|Bihar Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus|
|Bihar Board Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus|